So with 9 days to go until Christmas Day, I thought I would share with you my 10 days until Christmas ‘To Do’ List.
(See..I am always late with everything…)
Does this list resemble yours? More importantly, have I missed anything out? Is there any thing I can remove?!
Why does so much of the list involve buying stuff!?
- Wrap pre-school child’s ‘Secret Santa’ gift and deposit ‘secretly’ at pre-school by tomorrow
- Return pre-school Christmas Party raffle ticket money by tomorrow
- Book online Christmas food delivery (yes, I know, I am too late for this one really. I didn’t stay up until midnight when the slots were released. Naughty Wife)
- Buy wrapping paper for Husband, Girls and different stuff from Father Christmas
- Drink Tea
- Buy cellotape (other brands are available)
- Buy chocolate coins (I may also be too late for this, disturbing lack of coins in local ‘One-Stop’ this week…)
- Buy Terry’s chocolate oranges (for stockings and most of my dinners for the next week)
- Buy and wrap present for relatives I am seeing at the weekend (who haven’t bought me a gift since I was 18 which is fine, but then rocked up last year at my parents with a gift for me and I had nothing for them! This involved stealing a bottle of wine and some curly ribbon from my parents and pretending I had it all along #awkward)
- 20th – deposit girls at my parents for a few days who are providing very gratefully received childcare while I continue work #shamefulfistpump
- Buy mince pies, mulled wine and other such nibbles ready for ‘The Motherhood’ coming over on the 21st (You know who you are ladies)
- Panic and eat the chocolate coins
- 23rd – pick up ordered meat from Sainsburys in our designated 2 hour time slot #seriousface
- Wrap all presents
- Write and post cards for our neighbours
- Do a stressful, sweaty, late night Christmas food shop after failing to secure an online delivery
- 24th – await welcome return of girls
- Dust off sherry
- Drink whole bottle of said sherry
Thank you if you have made it this far. I am now off to check out delivery slots…