So today Maria over at Suburban Mum very kindly tagged me in to the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers tag. As I am a newbie to blogging I thought this would be quite nice to have a go at to answer some questions about me, and ask some other bloggers as well to get to know you lovely people a bit better..So please excuse me while I settle back with a nice cup of tea, a spoonful or two of nutella and answer my questions..
1.What’s the best thing about blogging?
So far, it’s the community feel I have enjoyed. The feeling of not being alone in a lot of my thoughts, feelings and experiences, and also how supportive and friendly everyone is and has been.
2.What is your most popular/favourite blog post?
Well I am going to go with my amazing Chocolate Coin Review from just before Christmas. It’s light-hearted and I still remember the day well. The best laid plans and all that!
3.What is your favourite place to go to as a family?
Hmmm this is harder to answer than I thought. My first instinct was to say the beach, but actually we don’t go as often as I would like us too. I think if I am being brutally honest, we enjoy going out to lunch together, particularly to a local restaurant called Smith and Western. A cowboys and Indian themed family-friendly restaurant. Probably sounds awful but is brilliant, and the girls have great fun. Yee-Ha!
4.Something you have never done, but would like to try?
I have never been travelling backpack-stylee. Obviously I have been to places on holiday, but I never had the urge to go travelling when I was younger like many of my friends at the time. Now I am tied to a mortgage and have children in school, of course, I have got itchy feet. My dream is to travel around Europe.
5.What is your favourite time of year and why?
I love Spring. The new life everywhere and colours coming back into nature. I like the longer days and the warmer temperature. I particularly like to photograph nature in the spring. I also like the fact it is the time we can finally turn off our storage heaters and not pay a small fortune to Southern Electric.
6.What was your favourite children’s book?
I have many that I have fond memories of, especially the Chronicles of Narnia, but I really did enjoy Little House on the Prairie. I still have my copy from when I was younger and hope my girls might be interested when the time comes.
7.What was the last movie you watched?
At home..Django Unchained. I do love a good Tarantino film, especially if Christoph Waltz is in it. At the cinema…Star Wars, which I loved and made me feel all nostalgic for some reason
although I really wanted to see Hunger Games but it got vetoed.
8.What is your favourite dessert?
New York Vanilla Cheesecake. In particular, the one from Sainsbury’s. But I’m not fussy…
9.If you could magically do one thing, what would you do?
I found this VERY hard to answer. At the moment, I would ensure my girls are neither bullied or ever bully others, at school and throughout their life. From working in a secondary school, I have seen how cruel girls are to each other and it scares me, a lot.
10.What is the most disgusting thing you have ever eaten?
Sorry Mum, but I still remember the awful liver and onion dinner she used to cook. There was no gravy, just liver, onion and mash. Mum is a great cook, but I just couldn’t deal with that dish..!
So here are the rules:
- Thank the blogger who gave you the award and link back to their blog
- Answer the 10 questions given to you
- Nominate seven bloggers for the award
- Write 10 questions for your nominees to answer
- Display the award on your blog or post
I nominate the following lovely bloggers:
- Stevie from A Cornish Mum
- Natalie from Plutonium Sox
- Laura from The Butterfly Mother
- Claire from Tin Box Traveller
- Laura from Five Little Doves
- Julie from Sleeping Through Yet?
- Danielle from Someone’s Mum
And my questions to you are..
- How long have you been blogging for?
- What is the most important tip you would give to a newbie blogger?
- What is your favourite song and why?
- If you could teleport now to another location, where would that be?
- What was your favourite chocolate bar?!
- Which three people would you choose to appear with on an episode of Come Dine With Me?
- Which piece of advice would you give to your 18 year old self if you could go back in time?
- What is your greatest wish for your children?
- What was your earliest childhood memory?
- Name two things that make you smile?
Thanks for reading!